Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Day!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, FOLKS!

Well last night, we had Sissy Burgers for dinner
(which is just hambugers made by yours truly,..and yea, that's why I call them.)
They were scrumptious!
It was just my parents, myself & my hubs (& my brother when he came in for lunch -he works 2nd shift-)
A couple of friends stopped by for about an hour or so, but then left.
We started playing a game but midnight interrupted it & we never finished, lol.
At midnight we walked outside & I hollered "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" a couple of times while we set off some Black Cats (Yea, we didn't invest in fireworks, dangit! All we had were black cats, sparklers & some flashy thingies...lol)
After about 30-45 minutes outside annoying the neighbors. We all came back in.
Then a mini-shoot occured with Fresh (Hubs), phone pictures -meh-, but I got my New Year's Kiss!
I got online because Framing Hanley was supposed to post a New Year's surprise, and they did! EEEK! 
It's a 5 song sampler of their new album & the cover art! 
At around 1 o'clock everyone went to bed, but me. 
I stayed up a little longer, I think it was sometime after 2 or close to 3 before I went to bed.
I told my bro Happy New Year when he got home from work & then went to cuddle with hubs.
At around 6am Hubs woke up feeling TERRIBLE! He's been stuffy for a couple of days.
So I got up and got him some water and meds & he took a quick shower so he could steam his nasal passages to try and open them to relieve pressure. Once he got back to be we went back to sleep.
Woke up right before 1pm.
1pm was game time!! Bulldogs vs. Huskers in the Capital One Bowl!
WE WON!! & I almost cried!

GO DAWGS! SIC 'EM! WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Then it was time to eat! My Granny came over to eat with us.
Our New Year's Day FEAST! 
Ribs, chicken, black-eyes peas, collard greens, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, and dressing!

And resting and relaxing afterward. 
Day 1 has been great! 
What better way to start the year off than with Family & Football?!?!
AND A WINNING  BOWL GAME AT THAT?! YEAAA DAWGS!
 

How was your first day of the year?!

♥♥♥
Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by & comment! It makes my day!