Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Blogger Day of Silence For the Sandy Hook Angels...

I have been MIA since Wednesday and there is a lot I want to post about. I'm going to break it into a couple of different posts.

I'm going to start off with talking just a little about what happened yesterday at Sandy Hook Elementary.

I am not a parent, but you don't need to be to feel completely SICK to my stomach over everything that happened yesterday.
It is one thing to kill an adult, but killing an kid is on a whole different level. They are both equally terrible, no one should ever kill anyone. With that said, anyone who could ever look at a child & take their life away has absolutely no heart.

My heart hurts for those parents who have to see their kids gifts under the tree and know they will not get to watch them open them on Christmas morning. For their families for having such a terrible things happen at such a happy time of year. For the daughters, sons, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, of the teachers. For the community that was, and I'm sure is still,  undoubtedly shaken up. I live in a small town. I could not imagine something like that happening here.

I'm not extremely religious all the time. But I talk to God, and I do pray (more often than anyone would guess.)

I pray for peace and healing for them; for the kids & faculty lost, the families affected by losing someone, the staff and kids affected by losing friends, teachers, & coworkers. The whole community. Even for the shooters family, as they have lost loved ones, but they also have to live with knowing that one of their loved ones was the one that did this. I can't imagine what kind of burden that would/will be.

Now,...onto this...this was put together by Neely, Michelle and Meg. If you would like, you can read Neely's post HERE. Hope you will participate.

On Tuesday December, 18th. There will be a blogger day of silence. Post this button and nothing else on that day, if possible.

If you would like to donate to help the families of the victims you can visit the  Newtown Youth & Family Services website & click on the "Donate" tab.
ANY DONATIONS MADE TO NEWTOWN YOUTH AND FAMILY SERVICES WILL BE DONATED DIRECTLY TO THOSE EFFECTED BY THE SANDY HOOK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SHOOTING.


R.I.P. To all those lost in this horrible tragedy.

♥♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by & comment! It makes my day!