Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Struck with Wanderlust.

One of my favorite little phrases. 
I'm a homebody. 
In the sense that there is nothing more comforting to me than to be at home, with my loved ones.
But, I also have a desire to travel and see parts of the world.
Hence..
"Struck with wanderlust..."
I always say this, anytime I talk about traveling, that's my go-to phrase.
It's the name of my travel board on Pinterest.
(It's even in my little "blurb" over there under my picture)
I'm pretty sure it should be tattooed on me.

Enough rambling though.
Let's talk about some of the places I'd love to go to.

Internationally:
1. The UK & Ireland (England, Scotland and Ireland):
I want to go to London. I want to ride the London Eye, see Big Ben and the House of Parliament,  I want to see Westminster Abbey. Buckingham Palace! I kind of want to ride a double-decker bus. I wanna see the Abbey Road crossing in person. I want to see the culture and life there. I want to go down to Wiltshire and see Stonehenge. I wanna go to the Sherlock Holmes museum. I wanna go to Liverpool and see if there may be a Titanic museum there. I wanna see the Lost Garden of Heligan. I want to meet a  friend that I've met online and let her show me a few places that she knows of. I want to see any scenery and castles I can. And any other historical places I can find or think of.
I want to go to Scotland and Ireland for the same reasons. Castles, scenery, history. Scotland- Doug is of Scottish ancestry, so it would just be cool to go there at least once. We want to see Loch Ness. Ireland- well, other than the reasons mentioned already, it'd be fun to go have a pint in a pub (actually that goes for any of the three places.)
Just to see the culture, the architecture, the history, the landscapes and scenery (all of the greenery -lol-) etc. in all three places would be fun!
1.Big Ben, 2. London Eye, 3. Westminster Abbey, 4. Scotland, 5. Ireland
2. France:
Paris, duh! I'll be honest. I was never one of those kids or teens that was all "ohh I want to go to Paris". Nope, it didn't hit me until adulthood. And even now I'm weary. But I'd obviously love to go to the Eiffel Tower. I want to see the historical aspects of it. The things you learn about in history. The landmarks, etc. The Louvre, Notre Dame, The Arc De Triomphe, I also want to go to the Palace of Versailles.


3. Italy, Greece, and Egypt:
To Rome to see the Colosseum. The Vatican City. And other historical sites. To Athens to see the Parthenon and other ruins. To Egypt to see the Pyramids and Sphinx. 
See a theme yet? I like history.
1&2. The Vatican & The Colosseum (Italy), 3. The Parthenon (Greece)
4. Oz:
This is a MAYBE. I haven't read much into it to really know where I'd want to go other than to Sydney.
Some other places that have been brought up in conversation:
Germany (actually I don't know if we've talked about Germany..), China/Japan, South America (Brazil mainly).

You know what stops us? (other than lack of money) My fear of flying. Though there are many places I would actually be scared to go for various other reasons.  So I guess there are actually a couple of fears involved in it.

In the US:
1. Nevada: For obvious reasons. I just want to go to Vegas. And To the Hoover Dam.
2. California: To go to L.A., see Hollywood. The Walk of Fame. And other places, as well. Like Napa Valley, Santa Monica Pier, etc etc. To be a tourist. lol Oh & I wouldn't mind DISNEYLAND.
3. New York: To say I've been to NYC. To at least see it once with my own eyes. To see ground zero. Central Park. The Statue of Liberty!, The Empire State Building, etc, etc...
4. Pennsylvania: The Liberty Bell. Oh & Hershey! And I've never eaten a Philly cheese steak, so I want to eat an authentic one.
5. Maryland: Annapolis. Ocean City. Honestly don't ask why I want to go to Annapolis. To see the Naval Academy, maybe? I don't know.
6. Washington DC: The White House, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, etc etc.
7. Arizona: The Grand Canyon
8. Florida: D-I-S-N-E-Y-W-O-R-L-D! Daytona, There's a small part of me that does want to go to Miami at least once, although I don't know what I'd do there...?
9. Minnesota: Mall of America....don't judge me.
10. Texas: The Alamo. Among other things.
11. North Carolina: Biltmore House.
12. Missouri: I wanna see the arch again. I've seen it once, but we were just passing through. I've heard you can go up in it? (Is this true?)
13. Illinois: Chi town. Although, I don't know what I'd do? I just wanna go I guess? Oh & some pizza!
14. Virginia: Arlington National Cemetery. Chincoteague Island.
15. South Dakota: Mount Rushmore.
16. Tennessee: Nashville. & Lynchburg. And maybe even Memphis. I DO want to go to Graceland, so I suppose Memphis is fitting for the list.
17. Lousiana: NOLA. I kind of, might want to go, just once.

And don't even get me started on Georgia. There's so much in my own state the I haven't done, but that will be another post, for another day. :)
I also didn't really touch on anything tropical or exotic...

That's not all though. But that is all that I've got for you right now. I may eventually do a more in depth post of the main places I want to go. 
I feel like I should also note that Doug & I love food. We have actually talked about traveling around the US later in life, once he/we retire and do a Foodie road trip or something like that. So there are several places that we want to go, just to eat different foods. (Examples: Philly, for an authentic cheesesteak; Chicago, for pizza; NOLA, cajun..Italy, pasta)

When it comes down to it, if there is history involved, there's a chance it will interest me. I've always liked history. Or I've it's one of the "Big Cities", I might kind of want to go, at least pass through or something.

Did I leave anything off so far?

Like I said, I'm sure this isn't all. 
BUT...if you have any suggestions on places to visit; Or if you've been to any of these places that I've already listed and have any suggestion or advice (when to go, where to stay, what to do, etc), let me know in comments! Any and all are welcome!

Where all would you like to go?
Tell me in comments! Or do your own post. I'd love to read about it! :)
(If you do a post, leave your link so I can read it.)

♥♥♥
Brandy

4 comments:

  1. You & me both, girl! On so many levels! We pretty much have the same list of places we'd love to go. I too also have a fear of flying and will probably never fly. Awful I know!

    Are you anywhere near Blairsville, GA? That is where some of my family lives and I hope to be visiting next summer. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a pretty amazing list of places you want to see. I hope you get a chance to experience them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you can go up in the arch!! And if you ever come through STL, I will take you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some amazing place, but if you get a chance you should stop by somewhere in the Caribbean as well! :D
    (I'm from Jamaica so I'm a bit biased which island is the most fun haha)
    Also, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by & comment! It makes my day!