Anyway, I'm 25 today.
Wow, that's already so weird to say.
A quarter century
I probably won't do too much today, we're a little crunched with money until tomorrow.
So any going out to eat or anything will likely be done over the weekend.
Let's get into it, shall we...
A little while back Erin, who I just love, posted her 30 before 30 list and I loved it. I thought, "I should do that, too!" So, I decided I would.
Fast forward a bit and a couple of weeks ago Stephanie, who I also love, posted her 101 in 1001 list & I loved it too. It further solidified that I should, indeed, finish this list & then post it...(& then do it I suppose.) ;)
So I thank them both for being my main inspirations for doing this.
I had already decided that if I'm gonna have a go at it, then I'd have the list made by my birthday & that would give me exactly 5 years to do it.
I have to admit, for whatever reason, it was hard. I tried to do a mixture of serious and fun. I even asked Doug and my mom if they had any suggestions thinking maybe the would jar my mind and I'd think of something. I honestly didn't think I was going to come up with 30 things, but I actually ended up with over 30, which is good. Means I'll have other options that can sub for another, should I decide to change it or whatever.
I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with it, but here is what I have so far. (I will have it as a page/tab thing soon.)
If I make any changes or tweaks, you'll be the first (err maybe second, behind Doug, to know.)
Sissy's 30 Before 30
1. Get my teeth fixed.
2. Get a job/ start on a career path.
3. Get our own place -preferably buying a house-
4. Become a mom.
5. Travel somewhere I've never been.
6. Grow as a Photographer.
7. Get caught up with scrapbooking.
8. Write a song.
9. Have one of my photos published or featured.
10. Meet a major weight goal.
11. Do something special for Doug.
12. Pay my parents back, to some degree, in some way.
13. Have a Wild Encounter or be a Zookeeper for a day.
14. Sponsor an endangered animal.
15. Learn a new language. (at the very least, the basics)
16. Go to 5 pro. sporting events (at least), no specifics on this one yet.
17. Build my (our) savings account to a certain amount.
18. Complete at least 5 Pinterest projects.
19. Get Meet & Greets to (at least) one of my favorite artists/bands.
20. Update wardrobe. (Clean out closet & get new clothes)
21. Reteach myself (or have my mom reteach me) how to sew -with a machine- & make something.
22. Be an extra in a movie.
23. Finally invest in a handgun. (I've been a legal gun carrier for about 4-5 years, still no pistol though.)
24. Participate in at least one 5k. (even if I walk for most of it.)
25. Try cake decorating. (like fondant, tiers, etc..)
26. Treat myself and Doug to a long couples massage/spa day.
27. Paint something. (as in a painting)
28. Go to the CMA Music Festival.
29. Attend an award show.
1. Do a boudoir photoshoot.
2. Get back into dancing.
3. See a broadway show
4. Wine Tasting (I mean, I live in "Mini Napa Valley" and I've been to only ONE Vineyard....)
5. More tattoos
6. Buy gifts for as many people in need as I can. At the very least 5 or 6. (Christmas-time thing.)
7. Decorate our house & do landscaping. (Once #3 is completed)
8. Become a millionaire (this was Doug's clever suggestion...haha)
9. Girls trip.
10. Finish the basement (aka our apartment) to be home-y while we still live here.
11. Work on family tree. (ancestry)
I've got 5 years, exactly! Think I can do it? Those goals aren't too unattainable are they?
Ahh, hell, who cares? I can still try! :)
Do you have a list? If so, leave the link to it in the comments, I'd love to read it!
Well, let's see what this day holds for me!
Love you all!
*Also, Stephanie, along with one of her bloggy gal pals, is going to do a link up to track progress. It will be once a month, on the last Saturday of every month. So, to anyone with a list of sorts, here's your first heads up if you'd like to participate. The first one will be on July 27th.