Thursday, July 11, 2013

30 Before 30! Happy Birthday to Me!

imgsrc
Now wait, hold the phone, if everyone could so kindly Tweet Harry Styles & try to get him to tweet me (@bnb03) Happy Birthday, I'd greatly appreciate it. If you could get him to come to my house, I'd...well I don't know what I would do....

Anyway, I'm 25 today.
Wow, that's already so weird to say.
A quarter century old young.
I probably won't do too much today, we're a little crunched with money until tomorrow.
So any going out to eat or anything will likely be done over the weekend.
:)
Let's get into it, shall we...
A little while back Erin, who I just love, posted her 30 before 30 list and I loved it. I thought, "I should do that, too!" So, I decided I would.
Fast forward a bit and a couple of weeks ago Stephanie, who I also love, posted her 101 in 1001 list & I loved it too. It further solidified that I should, indeed, finish this list & then post it...(& then do it I suppose.) ;)
So I thank them both for being my main inspirations for doing this.
I had already decided that if I'm gonna have a go at it, then I'd have the list made by my birthday & that would give me exactly 5 years to do it.
I have to admit, for whatever reason, it was hard. I tried to do a mixture of serious and fun. I even asked Doug and my mom if they had any suggestions thinking maybe the would jar my mind and I'd think of something. I honestly didn't think I was going to come up with 30 things, but I actually ended up with over 30, which is good. Means I'll have other options that can sub for another, should I decide to change it or whatever.

I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with it, but here is what I have so far. (I will have it as a page/tab thing soon.)
If I make any changes or tweaks, you'll be the first (err maybe second, behind Doug, to know.)

Sissy's 30 Before 30
1. Get my teeth fixed.
2. Get a job/ start on a career path.
3. Get our own place -preferably buying a house-
4. Become a mom.
5. Travel somewhere I've never been.
6. Grow as a Photographer.
7. Get caught up with scrapbooking.
8. Write a song.
9. Have one of my photos published or featured.
10. Meet a major weight goal.
11. Do something special for Doug.
12. Pay my parents back, to some degree, in some way.
13. Have a Wild Encounter or be a Zookeeper for a day.
14. Sponsor an endangered animal.
15. Learn a new language. (at the very least, the basics)
16. Go to 5 pro. sporting events (at least), no specifics on this one yet.
17. Build my (our) savings account to a certain amount.
18. Complete at least 5 Pinterest projects.
19. Get Meet & Greets to (at least) one of my favorite artists/bands.
20. Update wardrobe. (Clean out closet & get new clothes)
21. Reteach myself (or have my mom reteach me) how to sew -with a machine- & make something.
22. Be an extra in a movie.
23. Finally invest in a handgun. (I've been a legal gun carrier for about 4-5 years, still no pistol though.)
24. Participate in at least one 5k. (even if I walk for most of it.)
25. Try cake decorating. (like fondant, tiers, etc..)
26. Treat myself and Doug to a long couples massage/spa day.
27. Paint something. (as in a painting)
28. Go to the CMA Music Festival.
29. Attend an award show.
30. De-clutter.

the extras:
1. Do a boudoir photoshoot.
2. Get back into dancing.
3. See a broadway show
4. Wine Tasting (I mean, I live in "Mini Napa Valley" and I've been to only ONE Vineyard....)
5. More tattoos
6. Buy gifts for as many people in need as I can. At the very least 5 or 6. (Christmas-time thing.)
7. Decorate our house & do landscaping. (Once #3 is completed)
8. Become a millionaire (this was Doug's clever suggestion...haha)
9. Girls trip.
10. Finish the basement (aka our apartment) to be home-y while we still live here.
11. Work on family tree. (ancestry)

Whatcha think?!
I've got 5 years, exactly! Think I can do it? Those goals aren't too unattainable are they?
Ahh, hell, who cares? I can still try! :)
Do you have a list? If so, leave the link to it in the comments, I'd love to read it!

Well, let's see what this day holds for me!
Love you all!
♥♥♥
Brandy

*Also, Stephanie, along with one of her bloggy gal pals, is going to do a link up to track progress. It will be once a month, on the last Saturday of every month. So, to anyone with a list of sorts, here's your first heads up if you'd like to participate. The first one will be on July 27th.

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! =D
    I love your list.
    I especially like the extra's!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE!!!!
    I adore your list :) I do happen to love Doug's millionaire suggestion, he's so clever. I like the idea of having extras, you can switch things up if things in your life change. What are you going to start with?! So many options!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea. I have a bucket list myself. I try to cross at least one thing off of it a year but it doesn't help bc for everything I cross off I add 3 more things haha. Hope you get everything on your list done and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list! And Happy Happy BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I hope this next year is ten times as blessed as your last!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by & comment! It makes my day!