Thursday, August 1, 2013

10 Years of being an Aunt.

Today marks the day.
10 years ago I watch a baby be born for the first time.
I was 14 and I'm so happy I was there to be able to see my nephew come into the world and take his first breath.
There were 5 of us in the room-not including his mom, my bro, and the doctors. So there was a room full.
And we cried, and cried, and cried.
2003. I don't have a pic from the day of birth on hand right now, but this wasn't too long after.
I love that boy so much it hurts.
I hate what he's had to go through so far in only 10 years of life.
To be honest, becoming an aunt is kind of what sparked me wanting to be a mom.
Not right away, of course, but you get the picture.
He lived with us for the first year and a half of his life & so we all took part in helping him learn and grow.
I loved it.
He's grown into quite the little boy.
I'm hard on him sometimes but it's only because I want him to be appreciative of what he does have. I just hope that he can see that. He still tells me he loves me so, even though I don't feel like he does sometimes, I'll take his word for it.
It's been a slightly rough road for him, but I hope that it only continues to get better.
If all else fails he'll have Aunt Sissy here, to lay down the law to him. :)
July 2013
Happy 10th Birthday the best nephew, ever! ♥
I'm so ready to see him this weekend & have CAKE!

& In other news.
My daddy was picked for the gator hunt this year! :)
My brother was picked last year and he took my daddy & my hubs with him and they nabbed a 5'10 Gator.
Even though you get to take a couple of people with you, one the person drawn gets to kill the gator. So, that gator is my brothers (which he just got back from the taxidermy a couple of weeks ago,..as seen on my IG: @bnba) 
So I reallllly hope they get another this year! It'd just tickle the hell outta my dad, cause it would be his gator!
And if things work the way we think they do, my HubbyLove should hopefully be drawn for it next year!
Now comes the part of them figuring out what days they want to go.
Hopefully it won't interfere with us going to Nopi again!

My on & off friend texted me last night...you know who I'm talking about....
So, that resulted in the fact I am now going to see A7X & The Deftones, with her, in October.
This is good, right?

Anywho, for the rest of today, alls I'm gonna do is try to get rid of this headache and get my FOOTBALL post ready for Erin & Erin's link up tomorrow! Then do some dishes & get and much of supper ready as I can so that when hubs get home we can grill it and eat!
Oh & I might throw some Pinterest in there,
can you believe I haven't been on Pinterest in probably over a week,..maybe close to two.
WHAT?!


Lata lovelies!
♥♥♥
Brandy

1 comment:

  1. What an AMAZING experience to be there when he was born! I became aunt through marriage and it has been SO fun! I can't wait until my own brothers have babies that I can love on!
    Being a new mom myself, it's so fun to see my loved ones fall in love with my own baby!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by & comment! It makes my day!