Thursday, June 6, 2013

We're engaged...finally!

So, as of Dec.25,2009 I was a soon-to-be-Mrs.
Dec. '09
As I said in the last post, by this point we had been together for 6 and 1/2 years.
It was really one of those "it's about time!" things.
I was so excited! We had tossed around the idea of getting engaged, on a serious note, for a while.
And it was so weird that this guy that I had called my boyfriend for 6.5 years was now my fiance.

And then came all the questions about when was the wedding?
We need to hurry and get to planning.
Some people actually thought that we would go ahead and get married that summer after becoming engaged. (summer '10) since we had already been together for so long.
But no, I didn't want to rush planning. I did want a proper wedding. I didn't to be forced to pick a date, or anything like that.
So, my answer to everything was basically, "we haven't decided yet."

As I also said in the last post, we had been going through a bit of a rough patch not long before becoming engaged. Things were obviously better, but there was still a lot of work to be done on us.
It takes time.
We were engaged in total for a year and a half.
We spent that year continuing to work on ourselves while beginning the fun and super stressful task of wedding planning while also being about to have fun.

There had also been an unexpected tragedy in his family so we had to really step up and be there for his mom and little brother.
We ended up basically moving in with the two of them for the about 2 or 3 months.
There was a lot going on.

 But we still managed to focus on getting back to where we really wanted, and needed to be.
And we did.

One of our Engagement pictures. AG Photography
 
2010 rounded out with an engagement shoot, a nice family vacation, and more fun.

 

Then it rolled over to 2011 and continued & the countdown to the wedding was on!

This is one of those short and sweet type posts I mentioned. I'll get into the planning in the next post....

♥♥♥
B

2 comments:

  1. Aw, love the pics. I think that was mature and wise of you to not rush down the aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats girlie!!You both looks a fabulous couple!!=D


    Kisses from Spain!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Mariola http://crazyclosetblog.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by & comment! It makes my day!