AND let's not forget that it's the holiday season. Christmas is approaching. And then me, being me, I refused to not squeezed in some room for fun stuff. (That may seem irresponsible to some, but I think it's important.)
I'm stressing more than I should. I know we can handle it. But when you're sitting here thinking about everything it does get overwhelming. I'm pretty good with managing our money. I just hate to see it go, lol. Even on fun stuff.
So, we are looking at:
- Paint (hall, living room/kitchen, stairs) 5Gal-$100 (already bought)
- Flooring (30sqft/box)-$35 (not exactly sure how many of those we need, haven't measured)
- Paint for spare room, 2Gal -2 diff. colors--60
- Storm Door- $300
- Couch- $600-$700 at most (we don't have particular one picked out, just budgeting)
- odds & ends:
- blinds, 2 sets, -$22 each
- &/or curtains- $20 each
- Dresser for the bathroom- $55 (I know seems like a steep price, but I'm watching it and waiting for a good sale!)
- Rugs- $100 total (for all rooms), that's steep as well..but I haven't exactly researched rug prices.
- Side tables- $100 total
- Sheets (spare room) -$20
- trim, lighting stuff, other repairs-$200
- Chairs/Stools-$75/set of 2
- The rest of the drop ceiling (I think we have everything we need for that though...not sure)-$150 just in case
Thankfully, as I said we already have a bed for the spare room, I have a desk and some table that will be just fine for crafting. We're not making our kitchen area into a kitchen, so that takes a lot of cost away. however we go have a table, so that's good. But that bullet list would get the basement back into livable function so we're not confined to our bedroom when we are down here. Which is another thing. I took our bedroom out of the equation. It will be the VERY last thing done, if I even feel like it.
Anyway, I'm so ready for the basement to be done so I can open the treadmill back up & so I can have somewhere to try the tons of new crafts I want to try!! Those 2 things will surely give me SOMETHING to do while I'm still unsuccessfully trying to find a job. But that's a whole other post all together.
I'm slowly but surely pumping myself back up and ready to go full force and knock it all out, but Doug has to help, I can only do so much on my own. There is plenty of incentive to get it done & the motivation is largely there. Just gotta do it..
Just Do It!