Wednesday, November 13, 2013
WIW-11.13.13. I have a few questions...
Well. I worked out for the first time in MONTHS on Monday. It was a lot, but not a lot. Or maybe it was a lot & I'm just down playing it, I don't know.
Here's what I did:
-2 miles on the treadmill (in about 36 minutes- I feel like that's good for someone who is out of shape!)
- 40 triceps extensions (behind the head) w/ 3lb dumbbell
- 30 arm raises -to the side- 3lb dumbbell each side (6lbs)
- 10 Elbow squeezes
- 20 Squats
- 16 lunges
- 40 calf raises
- 50 second wall sit
- 20 kettle bell swings (7lb)
- 30 second plank
baby steps, folks, baby step. It sounds like a lot (hell it looks like a lot) but I'm start with small weights to build my strength back up & I'm sure there are a couple of things that I don't do in correct form, but again, baby steps.
And mind you I did this all while cramping (I'm sure you wanted to know that), but working out does help with it.
A couple of issues & questions.
1. My boobs just don't like to stay down. I was wearing a sports bra, cami, and a l/s shirt & anytime I got to a light job I couldn't do it for very long. When you have big boobs if f'kin hurts to run for too long, REALLY! My solution so far is that I bought another bra & am going to double bra it (plus the cami & shirt). My question here is, any of you other well blessed ladies have any suggestion for keeping your girls under control? I didn't jumping jacks and jump roping back when I was working out last (about 5 months ago) and I don't remember if they were this crazy. Or maybe I was just hyper aware Monday.
2. My knees we hurting. I don't have knee problems or bad knees really & so I don't think I've ever had this issue. My knees were lined up with my shoulders and my feet here straight ahead. Still, is it possible that I was somehow standing wrong while doing my squats? I know it's been a good 5 or so months since I last worked out, BUT, it had been years before that & I don't remember my knees having that issue 5 months ago, so I don't think it was that. I don't know.
3. Shin splints. I've had them before. Multiple times. They hurt, thankfully the pain didn't last though. Is there anything I can do to lessen the chance of getting them so quickly?
I shocked my body just a bit, haha. Not in a bad way. I didn't get sick or anything & I stayed hydrated throughout. I was just shakey afterward. Pretty sure my body was like, "WHAT. THE. FUCK are you doing? and why?" lol But it felt great & I still don't know where it came from. But I have an idea. I had a bit of a breakdown the other day & needed somewhere to channel my thoughts.
I didn't workout on yesterday because those cramps from Monday were about 20x's worse. But I did do a little bit of shopping so I could get out of the house, so walking counts for something!
Speaking of shopping, I treated myself just a little & while doing so I bought a journal and am going to use it as a eating/exercise journal. Even though I have MFP & this, I wanted to be able to write it all down, what I won't being doing in my written journal is calorie counting (I'll let MFP take care of that).
I do plan on working out today, cramps or not. Even if it's just some time on the treadmill. :-)
Also, want to Thank Jordan, Karla, & KellyAnne , and my bestest Manda for encouragement & routing me on, on IG the other day! It all made me smile.
Now to the weight..I don't really expect a loss, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bit of a gain + right now the bloating I have is unreal (mother nature is seriously torturing me right now) so...here we go...
Last week: 161.4 (even though I didn't do a WIW on here, I still weighed in & logged it on paper)
This week: 160.5
..Okay so better than I thought, it's a loss & I'll take it. I'm actually surprised it's lower. lol
Last little tidbit, the songs I listened to while on the treadmill:
1. Fall Out Boy- My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark
2. My Chemical Romance- Helena
3. Seether & Amy Lee- Broken
4. Secondhand Serenade- Fall For You
5. Paramore- Emergency
6. Jessie J- Do It Like A Dude
7. Alterbridge- Rise Today
8. Paramore- Fences
9. Framing Hanley- Photographs & Gasoline
(I just left my MP3 on shuffle & skipped songs that just didn't fit my mood at the moment)
Well, that's that!