Monday, February 10, 2014

You say you want a revolution...

Did anyone what the Beatles Tribute Concert last night?
If not, you missed out.
Via
If you have been living under a rock and don't know what I'm talking about, it was a 2.5 hour concert paying tribute to and celebrating 50 years to the day -Feb.9 1964- of when The Beatles first appeared on "The Ed Sullivan" show. (aka, The Beatles were introduced to America, sparking the British Invasion.)

It really was so great. All of the artists involved did amazing renditions of The Beatles' songs and then Paul and Ringo performed which was the icing in the cake.

Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, The Beatles
Via E! Online
The only thing that could have made it better would have been if George and John were still alive.
I think it was a great tribute & I loved that it told a bit of a backstory of not only the group but also about the guys individually. Left me with wanting to get all of their albums, which I sadly do not have. I was familiar with all the songs played though so, I wasn't lost or anything.
I can't help but think about how great it must have been to see them live back in the day.
Ahh, would have been so fun!

It'd be awesome if they released it on DVD. I'm gonna keep a look out for that. You should too!

So, my weekend...
was again, so good..

Friday was low key. I balanced my checkbook & Pre Ordered my "The Sum of Who We Are" package! The free song that you get to download instantly is so good! We did movie night at home. We watched 2 Guns and Last Vegas. Both were very good. 2 Guns stars Mark Wahlberg & Denzel Washington, they are two undercover agents working on a case together. It's a crime action/comedy. It's a really good movie. I don't want to describe it too much, I don't want to give anything away. Last Vegas stars Robert DeNiro, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Kline, and Michael Douglas. It's a comedy about 60-something men take a trip to Las Vegas to for a bachelor party. I thought it was funny & I recommend it as well.

Saturday was a QT day for Doug and me. We slept in, he finally got me to wake up sometime after noon...oopsie. And then we headed out to do a little shopping. Our main mission was to go to Dicks and scope out their workout stuff. I need some heavier dumb bells and would like to have a medicine ball, but we were just checking out prices for now. He also hit up WalMart, Kohls and Old Navy. Our haul included some jeans for him, me some flip flops and house shoes. A new computer mouse (I had the touchpad thing & my mouse finally died) and some other random but needed things. We wanted to have a date night, we had Texas Roadhouse gift card, but uhh,..at 6:30 there were already people waiting outside the restaurant. Uhh, yea. Five Guys won that fight by a landslide. I loooove a good Five Guys burger!
Then it was home to relax.

Sunday- Went up to my ma-in-laws to check out the trail cam and refill the deer feeder and Doug ended up going to a movie with his mom & bro while I skipped out and came back home to try and help mom meal plan and make a grocery list. Sunday night ended with the Beatles Tribute on TV.
Oh & then this happened...
http://instagram.com/bnba

Sooo, so, so happy/proud about that! I'm also proud of the fact that I probably could have kept going. I didn't really tire, which tells me that my endurance is getting better. Usually I only go 30 to 45 minutes depending, but I just felt good enough to keep going.
Also the first time that I've gotten to and past 3 miles since I've really started to used the treadmill -seriously- again. (Nov.) Accomplishment for sure!

Family, good food, good music & quality time with my man! Pretty perfect weekend, to me. :-)


And then there's today, oh Monday...
It's actually not all bad. My patience is just nonexistent. We're supposed to get more snow over the next couple of days & that sends folks into a frenzy around these parts. So, while mom and I are trying to just to our weekly grocery shopping, everyone else is trying to "prepare" and ugh, it was just annoying. You can definitely tell the difference between the people who were there just doing typical grocery shopping and the people who were there because "omg, it's gonna snow". Ridiculous. And the same goes for people on the road. ASSHOLES. It's not even doing anyyyything yet, it was drizzling RAIN, and I mean barely & everyone was still in rush mode. And on top of all of that. I was just baffled by the amount of people who were at Wal Mart and Kroger in general, I mean, did they not have to be at work? It was morning & afternoon time....ri-damn-diculous. We're supposed to get at least 1-2", at most I think 3-6" of snow. However, that could end up being ice/sleet instead. So, shit...we'll see. Just pray our power stays on!

(Go ahead northerners, laugh it up, I know this is nothing compared to what you're dealing with. But just remember, this household pretty calmly prepares. My Dad's an Ohio-an, he's actually dealt with real winters before.)

How was your weekend?!

Happy Monday y'all!
♥♥♥
Brandy

2 comments:

  1. I loved it too! I thought John Legend was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, love your note to us northerners! To say that I am sick of the snow would be an understatement!! Is it spring yet??! Gaah!

    Yay for QT time with your man! Five Guys is our date night for Valentines Day! They have the BEST burgers and Scott wants burgers, so burgers it is!! =D I can't even waiit!

    Congrats on all that working out!! Awesome! =D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by & comment! It makes my day!