Friday, October 19, 2012

What is a "Sissy Fit"

When I first decided that I might want to do a blog the first “title” that came to mind was “Wife Life” or “My Wife Life” with intentions of writing about my life, as a wife among everything else. Well all variations of that url were taken, so I had to go back to square one. I asked Doug what he thought and he couldn’t think of anything either. So then it dawned on me…what about “Sissy Fits”, since it’s personal to me. But then I thought, well I don’t know if that will fit because “fits” usually have a slightly negative undertone. So, I had to think on it for a few days.
I’m going to jump back for a minute here…
What is a Sissy Fit?
Well…
A couple of months ago I was ranting about something to my husband I made the comment about me throwing a fit about something & he said “you don’t throw hissy fits, you throw Sissy fits” & it made me laugh; I instantly loved it. Haha. So my husband gets 100% credit for this phrase because he is the first person who ever put a name to it.
Basically…it’s my twist, my “unique” version of a hissy fit. A hissy fit, thrown by Sissy -Me-.
Back to now..
Now, not all my posts will be ranting or have an angry undertone so I wondered if this would even fit. I’m not trying to give the impression that I’m ALWAYS angry…(I just get annoyed a lot, lol). So I was still trying to think of other titles/urls that would work. I kept coming back to this one though.
Upon double checking the definition of a fit, with one being “an sudden outburst” I decided it could work. That just about any kind of ranting or raving could be described as a fit.
Alas, Sissy Fits was “born”.
The point of this blog is mainly for personal growth and improvement and also for fun.
This is just a way of sharing my journey in life. Personal, not personal, all of it. I’m trying to figure out my body, having a few issues and there is also the pregnancy issue. I also need to drop about 30 pounds. I have a lot of soul searching to do. I need to try to decide on a career and finding a job is a battle in itself. I’ll also just talk about being a wife. I hoping that this all works out--there are several small things that need to be figured out but they all come together under one thing: My life.
So this will be my struggles, my good days, bad days, things I love, or don't love, or boredom..lol but I'll also throw in crafty stuff, food stuff, etc...I don't know.
Stick with me!

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday, I was talking to my siblings and we were comparing the differences between a hissy fit and a sissy fit. So I went to Google for any answers and it took me here. But I really thought that this story was absolutely funny. But if you ever want to talk to me, message me on facebook: Jay Fergie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by & comment! It makes my day!