Monday, April 21, 2014

This weekend..

This weekend was needed.
Laid back and pretty much didn't need to do anything. Well, aside from Easter plans and those weren't stressful.

Friday was a typical Friday. Once 5 o'clock hits it's like time draaagggs waiting for Doug to get off of work & get home. We all pretty much just sat around and watched a movie & called it a night.

Saturday morning was an errand running morning and then we had our Easter dinner at home since my Dad was going to be leaving town for work on Sunday.  So, we had our Easter lunch at home & my Granny came to eat with us. It was delicious and I may or may not have finished off over half a bottle of wine that's been in the fridge for a while. The rest of the day was pretty chill. We made a trip to Home Depot and Wal Mart with my parents. And then later after everyone went to bed, D & I had a little Netflix date. And what do watch? The Coneheads, of course! He ended up getting tired after that one and so we called it a night. In his defense, he made it til after 1am, so, I really can't complain. :-)

Sunday we said buy to my Dad as he was flying out on a business trip & then D & I  spent the whole day up at my Mother-In-Law's waiting for time to eat Easter dinner at Doug's Nana's. Doug checked his trail camera that's set up in his mom backyard and, well, if you follow me on Instagram you may have already seen the visitor we caught on camera. If not, you can meet him(or her?) now...

After hanging around most of the day, we walked over to his Nana's and waited for the rest of the family to arrive. I can't stress enough the fact that I married into such a wonderful family. I always love the get-togethers at Nana's. Even though we didn't do eggs this year we still had some good food and good talks. Then of course we got home and were exhausted.

Sounds pretty plain and simple & it was. And it was fantastic! I have a few more days until a busy week ensues. While it's all a fun busy, it's still busy so this weekend was so very welcomed.

I hope everyone else had a good weekend & Easter!!

How was your weekend?

Love & Stuff
♥♥♥
Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by & comment! It makes my day!