Monday, April 7, 2014

Hangin' out..

That was my weekend.
From Friday til Sunday. We had company all weekend.
Which is always fun.
And then once they both left, I retreated to my room for alone time.

I love hanging out. LOVE it.
But dang, once it's over. I sometimes go into a mini-hibernation. Doesn't always happen. But, sometimes it does.

This weekend it did, which was fine because the ACM Awards were coming on and I wanted to watch them.

But, before I get ahead of myself.
Friday, we hungout, drank beer, talked and stared at a computer.
Saturday, we took C's son to see The Muppets Most Wanted. It....was actually a good movie. I can't even lie. I'd recommend it, especially if you gots kiddos. Afterwards, we came back home, drank beer some more, talked some more, sang some, stayed up until 5 (6 for me), and then bam, Sunday.
Sunday I went to a birthday party with C & then she dropped me back off & my weekend was coming to an end.
All that was left was to watch the ACMAs.

Did you watch them?
I'm sure there will be recap after recap going around the blogosphere so, I'm not really going to recap, just make a few comments.

*I think Luke & Blake do really well at hosting. I love the sense of humor from both of them, they're my kind of folks, that's for damn sure.
*Miranda Lambert, if I haven't said it before, or if you've just never seen me say it, I absolutely adore everything about her. She's probably one of my ultimate woman crushes (if not THE ultimate). She's beautiful, am I right? It's highly noticeable that she's gotten in better shape which is great, and again, she's gorgeous. I just hope she doesn't get too skinny. I hope she's striving for healthy over skinny. She's looks good now. But, let me be clear, she looked damn good before. So, you go Miranda! I love you regardless.
*Eric Church isn't really my cup of tea. I try to get into him, I really do. And I do like his songs,..some of them. But I don't know. I'm just not on the Eric Church train. Don't hate.
*Best performances: George Strait, Miranda Lambert, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton..
*Loved seeing Garth Brooks present Merle Haggard the with ACM Crystal Milestone Award. Kinda just loved seeing Garth Brooks and Merle Haggard there, period. Am I the only one?
*And Trisha!
* FL/GA Line performance w/ Luke, I appreciated it. I kind of liked the Nitro Circus going on in the background.
*But, best part of it all (other than Merle Haggard getting his award), as any fan of country music is concerned, is the fact the George Strait won Entertainer of the Year. D & I were talking right before the winner was announced and I asked who he thinks will win, he predicted Luke or Blake. I agreed either one would be possible, or Miranda of course, but then I said, "You know what would be even better? If George Strait won it." And by God, he did. And I cheered & clapped.

*The overall production seemed a little stale though. I don't know. I feel like with any award show, it's hit or miss, it can be great or not. I think this one teeters a bit. There are some good parts & some MEH parts.

*& lastly.. I honestly would not mind going to Dallas to see the 50th Anniversary ACM Awards. Because, I'd love to go to an award show (it's actually on my 30 before 30 -which has next to nothing checked off of it-) and I've also never been to Texas. I'd honestly consider going. If I knew I could manage it and not be broke.

What I could manage more though, Isn't there always some sort of Awards to kick off CMA Fest week in Nashville? On Wednesday? My brain isn't computing properly right now, but I feel like I'm right. My point it, IF there is, I could totally handle making it to that, it's closer trip & all, so...ya know...CMA, if ya wanna hook a girl up?!?! I've also never been to CMA Music Fest. I'd totally take both and spend 5 glorious days in Nashville & then rave all about it on the good ole interwebs! :-D

That's all for now. Time to get some laundry done, run errands and clean. Busy week that should be leading up to fun times this weekend. :-)


What did you all think of the awards?
If you didn't watch them, how was your weekend?!


♥♥♥
Brandy

1 comment:

  1. An awards show is on my bucket list too :) Next year would definitely be fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by & comment! It makes my day!