Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Knock, Knock...

Hello?
Who's there?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Talk about being M.I.A.!
I've only peppered posts one here since about May.
Other than that, I've been about 98% absent from the blog world & on one hand, I'm okay with it, but...on the other...I realllly miss it!

Let me see if I can update you on a bit of my summer in one post...

June:
-Doug & I celebrated his birthday & our 11yr/3yr anniversary.
-We also vacationed with my parents & nephew to Chattanooga. So fun. We did the typical Chatt. visit, Lookout Mountain (Ruby Falls, Rock City and the Incline Railway) and the Tennessee Aquarium. We haven't been there since my brother and I were kids & Doug hasn't been there since he was a kid either. I'm glad I was there for my nephew's first trip there. Lots fun and walking. I got to take a picture by a Bald Eagle, and pet an owl. My Dad got to have a vulture land on his arm-I have a video of that happening, that I have yet you upload. But still, I mean, that's a pretty bad-a trip. ;-) haha...

Ruby Falls
Point Park, Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga, TN 
My Love & Me
Lovers Leap
One-winged Bald Eagle, Rock City, Chattanooga, TN
Tennessee Aquarium, Chattanooga, TN
July
-Celebrated the Fourth low-key again. Just the hubs, mother- & brother-in-law.
-I scared the crap outta myself when I had what I thought was a mole that had doubled or tripled in size. Turned out to be an aggravated capillary, or something along those lines (I think it's basically a blood blister). Regardless, it was able to be burnt off. Thank goodness.
-Celebrated my birthday. The hubbers bought me Beauty and the Beast & even curled up in the bed and watched it with me. ♥
-Hubs, myself, my ma-in-law & C. went to see Def Leppard and Kiss...aaaand the drunk shenanigans of Sissy made it quite an interesting night...to say they least. I felt bad..a little...but I still had a blast. Love me some Def Leppard (was my 3rd time seeing them), I'm ready for Def Lep. 4.0. Oh, and KISS? If you've never been to a KISS show, go! They are great!
-Ended out the month by attending my Dad's work picnic with the family & it was a good time. Got to check out a new (to me) park in Athens. It's called Athens Memorial Park. It was fun playing on the playground with my nephew and niece and her mom. Also fun seeing the ducks, geese, turtles and fish. This park also has a small walk through Zoo. Bears, gator, deer, turkey, reptiles, etc..
Birthday Dinner
"Super Moon" on July 12th
Joe Elliott, Def Leppard, Atlanta 7-18-14
Def Leppard, Atlanta 7-18-14
KISS, Atlanta 7-18-14
Gene Simmons, KISS, Atlanta 7-18-14

August
-Started off bittersweet. I helped throw a bridal shower for my husbands cousin. For as hectic as it was for his mom and myself to make sure we had everything, I think it was success. We thankfully had plenty of help in other areas, such as food. His family is pretty amazing at coming together and pitching in when it comes to these kinds of things.
-And then 2 days later, on August 4th, our family was hit hard with a decision I had hoped we'd never have to make. We had to put our beloved cat to sleep. He was out oldest. We've had him for the longest (ever since he was able to be given away as a kitten). He was about 16 or 17. His health had been declining quite a bit in the past 6 months and in the last couple of weeks it was even worse. One of the hardest days for us, that's for sure. My parents brought him home and we laid him to rest. And I miss him so much. He's been gone for 2 weeks and a day now and I still find myself wanting to check for him at night to see if he's ready to come in. We lost a member of our family. It's so sad and it's definitely different around here. It's hard.
-I am completely devastated by the extremely unexpected suicide of Robin Williams. So terrible.
-Doug & I had a date night this past weekend and decided to go see a movie. We chose to support one of our favorite comedian, Jon Reep, in his newest movie- Into The Storm. Um, in case you have not watched this but are interested I won't say too much. But, I will say, I have always been terrified of tornadoes, always. This movie, to me, was SO intense. I'm, pretty sure I trembled most of the time. I can't even handle the thought of a severe thunderstorm right now. But, that being said, I did think it was a good movie. I would recommend it.
-My brother got a coondog. Well we currently have 2 but he's holding one for a friend of the family for now. You can see their cuteness on my IG. I'm in love.
-I went back to the doctor. Anyone who's been around these part may know what I'm referring to. Cross your fingers for Doug & I. :-)
Bridal Shower
Patches, aka Mr. Kitty & Me in May 2013. Gosh I just miss him..so much!
I'm still working, only 2 days a week now.  I still have my days but, overall it's going well & I'm getting great experience and that's what keep telling myself. Other than that I've been kind of keeping to myself. My favorite time of year is rolling around. I feel like there's already so much planned. It's a bit tiring to think about, but also exciting. I also have a baby shower to plan -for my cousin, I'm not prego-, then of course the holidays and then my mother in law have a 2nd bridal shower to start planning for. There are several birthdays.. I already have 3 concert for sure planned. And then throw in the holidays & FOOTBALL SEASON (WOOOO!!!). Yea,...the rest of the year is most definitely kind of busy! ;-)

Well, I know I haven't commented on pretty much anyone's blogs lately. I do miss you all and I do plan on catching up a little on reading.

Lovins & stuff!
♥♥♥
Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by & comment! It makes my day!