Tuesday, March 25, 2014

What a change two weeks can make.

Or two and a half. But still, you get my point.

After my trip to Florida to have some much needed Best Friend time & to see the family down there, I came home in a little bit better spirits.

But, really, the things that have happened since I've gotten back....

Daylight savings, my favorite. I'm a night owl to the extreme, but I LOVE and live for longer days. Still daylight past 8pm? Thank the Lord!

Spring is here. Hallelujar! Even though it's be cold the past couple of days, I just love it being Spring.

Winter blues are slipping away. I try to fight the Winter Blues every year. But, as someone who is already prone to being down in the dumps -or depressed, however you want to put it-, it's not always that easy.

Things are happening. Plans are being made. In the past maybe week and a half I've went from only having 1 concert planned for the year to now having 6. I have tickets bought for 4 already and need to get tickets for the other two that are a for sure thing. And also need to talk people into doing the others with me. lol Have I ever mentioned that I love music? ;-)
4 of those 6 concerts are next month. And 2 of those 4 involve trips. 1 of which will involve seeing and staying at my best friends AGAIN. Doug is going with me this time & my other best friend, Carla, is going as well. I can't wait. I still have to book the room for the other trip which I'll be doing this week. Love how much planning is happening, can't wait to add to it!

This past weekend. It was a good one. D went turkey hunting with my Dad and Brother so my mom, myself and Carla had a girls weekend. Well, my brother came home Saturday, but he didn't bother us too much. But it was great. Friday night we made a mock meal of Applebee's Three Cheese Chicken Penne, it was delicious. And accompanied it with some Blue Lagoons. Both thanks to Pinterest.
http://instagram.com/p/l0uRSIHwvU/

http://instagram.com/p/l0vv06Hwhb/

And then we watched a few movies. I bought Frozen, so we watched it. I can see what the fuss is about, it's definitely cute. Saturday night we had planned to go see a hometown band and that ended up not working out, so we went on a beer run and stayed up til the wee hours of the morning laughing and being idiots (read: being normal -for us-). Sunday, Doug & Dad came home. He got his first turkey! YAY! I'm so proud of him.

Upcoming stuff...

Spring cleaning. Needs to start. We have lots to be cleaned. And we're gonna get Sugar spayed and declawed. We're wanting to get a couch and I can't have her spraying it or clawing the shit out of it. According to a book I browsed through, once a female car is spayed she'll have no use in spraying anymore. So I'm hoping with that, she'll stop. Have you ever smelled that shit?! It right up there with cat pee. Stinks. But, I really want to (try to) purge a bunch of stuff out my hoard of shit.

Possibilities. So, there is a small possibility of something that would be awesome for Doug and I. I don't want to talk about it yet. I actually don't want to think about it too much. I hate getting my hopes up and to be honest, I've already got them up a little. But, if you're the praying kind, keep us in mind. I don't know how possible this actually is but the thought of it is exciting. So, I appreciate any good vibes, prayers or whatever else. Thanks in advance!

First family cookout of the year is happening this weekend. Yay! It's for my uncle being released mainly but, I'm glad the whole family will be together. And I get to see my niece and nephew AT THE SAME TIME! That's a whole other rant all together though. I can't really get into that because if they seen it, whew. Let's just say I bite my tongue. A LOT. Anyway, I can't wait for the cookout. I haven't went to see my uncle yet so it'll be fun.

Well, that's about all the rambling I got for ya today.
I'll be back to talk about my terrible lack of working out. Ooops. :-/

Toodles!
♥♥♥
Brandy

1 comment:

  1. I have 3 concerts planned and paid for and one cruise that is in the process of being reserved/booked. YAY! What shows are you going to?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by & comment! It makes my day!