Monday, March 10, 2014

I needed that...

A getaway, that is.

Dad was taking another business trip, so he dropped me off on his way.
From last Tuesday to Saturday I was in Florida at me best friends house.
And, I needed it.
I needed to see her, to talk to her, to hug her. To just be with her.
And of course to see my God Kids, that also goes without saying.

I missed Doug like crazy, but I just needed to get away.
It came at a good time for both of us (she and I) I think.

I had fun spending some quality time with my goddaughter, I helped clean their room so it would be a little bit easier for them to clean it out to start the redecoration of it. I tried to help her with ideas for my God Sons birthday party. And to just be there for her to vent to about some stresses that she's under. And she did the same for me.
Even though..I don't think I'm under too much stress, per se. I'm just down in the dumps. Nothing new there, unfortunately. But, it's just great what a few days in a different environment can do for you. It was good to see my second family.

Then of course, coming home. The change in weather and time threw my off on Sunday, I just kept wanting to go to sleep. BUT, springing forward is my favorite so I was A-Ok with it. Even though I'm a night owl, I looove longer days! LOVE IT.
I'm so ready for spring, and SO ready for my winter blues to eff off.

I've slacked on working out in the past couple of weeks.  And then last week I ate out a lot. So, I have a small gain, & that's okay. Just means I have to kick ass to get back on track. & I plan to! :-)
I'm close to being out of the 150's. The good thing is that even though I can't tell it much, everyone else can see that I've lost a bit of weight. I was complimented by Amanda, her mom & her sister. So, it's good to know that it's at least little noticeable.

Anywho, no particular direction with this post.
Just needed to clear my mind a little bit.
I miss you all.
That was one of the things that I talked about with Manda, was how awesome it is to have this place to clear my mind & have others relate to me. But more importantly the friends I've made through blogging. :-)
Thanks to all of you, I'm glad we're friends.

Happy Monday!
Lovins
♥♥♥
Brandy

Best of the bestests.

2 comments:

  1. Awww! I'm glad we're friends tooo!!!!! Glad your back! And even more glad that you had a great time. And even mooooore glad that it's almost SPRING!!! =D

    (Can you tell I'm excited?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great time! A getaway is my go-to thing when I'm feeling down in the dumps. I'm taking Friday and Monday off so I can have a long weekend celebrating St. Patty's Day with my family in Dallas and I can't wait! Then at the end of the month, I'll be in Austin celebrating my little brother finally turning 21! I'm the same exact way with the winter blues and DST really helped a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by & comment! It makes my day!