Friday, June 28, 2013

One Direction.

One Direction. They really are nothing short of amazing. Point blank. Period.
And I cannot believe it's already been a week since the show.
It's like it was only a dream. A damn good dream.
So, I was nervous about this show. Not really about the show itself. More so about the fact that I had to drive into, not through, but into Atlanta. Now, I have driven out of Atlanta, at night, when traffic isn't too bad. But driving into it, in the middle of the day, and me being the driver. And I had a teen & a preteen with me. So, I was accountable for them also. I was nervous.
But, I did good. I made sure we left with at least an hour & 1/2 drive time which would put us there around 4:30 & we'd be able to go ahead an park. So we actually got there around 4 & luckily they already had parking decks open. So, it was a successful drive & I was super proud of myself.
We got there and walked around in front of the arena doing random stuff for about an hour and half or so, like buying our merch, taking pictures in front of the Nabisco/1D Truck, taking picture with cardboard cutouts, you know. The usual. ;-)
Okay, I know it isn't 1D related, but I like this picture of me. & It's JT, I mean, c'mon!
We got in "line" waiting for the doors to open at around 5. Doors were supposed to open at 6. The show started at 7:30. 6:35 or :40-ish rolls around and the doors finally open. Everyone pours in & disperses to the food & then to their seats.
 
About 7:35 the show starts. The opening band is called 5 Seconds of Summer, they are from Australia, & to be quite honest, they were not bad! A lot of people always dread the opening acts. I know I do. But I am always really happy when I actually like them. & I liked 5SOS. They were very good and entertaining and I think they were a perfect opening act for 1D.
So, fast forward about an hour & it was finally time for 1D. Here it was. The thing we had been waiting on for a year. Counting down the months, the weeks, the days, and the hours, and then boom, it was here. Let me tell you, those guys mean business (in the most non-business-y way). They put on SUCH a good show. To the point that I had to stop & take it all in a one point & I also had to hold back some tears. Don't you look at me like that! They are so fun to watch, you can tell that they just go out there and have the time of their lives. They just have fun & joke around the entire time & sing their songs. They're not into any choreographed dancing (ala NSYNC or BSB) but that, I think, really is what makes them, them. & Their vocals are just as amazing live and they are on their albums. I was also so glad to hear not only one, but two, of my favorites off of their newest album that aren't singles. All together, they sang 22 songs, which were a mix of song from their first & second album & a couple of cover songs (Teenage Dirtbag & One Way or Another/Teenage Kicks). And they sang them all amazingly. During a song, they were lifted on a piece of the stage and brought out to a smaller stage in the middle of the crowd, with was awesome to see. While on the smaller stage they sang a couple of songs & then answered Twitter questions (something they do during all concerts). They select a few twitter questions from people at the current concert, display & read & answer the question & then they try to find them in the audience. I love it, I think it's a really awesome thing for them to do. Once that was said & done they were lifted back up, taken the rest of the way over the audience & then all the way back to the stage while singing another song. They show was amazing. The band was amazing. The band's band was amazing (drummer, other guitarists, etc.) I honestly don't know what else I can say that won't make me sound like a broken record...

We're already planning on saving money to get closer tickets for next time. Oh yes! Next time! They were are that good.
The only cons I have are not even really band related. One was obviously trying to hear over the thousands (seemed like millions) of teenyboppers (I mean that as lovingly as possible). I, myself, reverted to teenybopper status at time, too. And that is perfectly acceptable. And two was me. I have a problem with trying to snap pictures. Like, I can't just snap some & then let it go, I have to keep trying. Even though we were freakin' 3rd level, I had to keep trying. It's the photographer in me. What's bad about it is, sometimes I don't let myself fully get lost in & enjoy the show. But, what can you do about it now, right?!
It was also my first time going to that venue, & it actually wasn't that bad. Leaving the venue was actually fairly easy, also, until you get a couple of turns away from the parking deck and then you're on your own. And for someone who isn't really familiar with downtown ATL, I was a little panicky for a minute thinking I've done taken myself the wrong way (even though I was following other people). But we were on the right road & made it out fine.
Unnntil we got to Taco Bell & I noticed my car making a funky noise, but that's irrelevant to this post.
One Direction left me speechless, damn near voiceless, and content with a happy heart. I knew post-concert depression was gonna be bad after that one & I'll be damned if I wasn't right. It's rough.
So, not that any of my readers would be interested, but should you ever get the chance to see them, GO! It's worth the time, the money, the everything.
So, until the next tour, the 2014 Where We Are Stadium Tour. We have a good little bit to tide us over.
Like a new song, & a movie, and their perfume.
♪Check 1D out HERE & HERE (in case you live under a rock & haven't heard them.)
♪Follow them on the bird. One Direction. Louis, Niall, Harry, Zayn, Liam.
♪Sneak Peek of their movie, This Is Us, in theaters August 30.
♪1D Our Moment fragrance, not yet released.

So, there you have it. An entire One Direction post, pretty much.
Gone leave you with two things.
One of my favorites:
And a collage of Harry. Seriously, I got it bad. Love them all equally, to be honest, but there is just that little something else about Harry...

And that's all she wrote, folks.
Summed up in a word, amazing? Although I feel like even that is an understatement.
"just can't lie, was the best time of my life."
;-)

♥♥♥
Brandy

♪♪And should the guys or any of their team ever see this: Next time you come to Atlanta (or anywhere in Georgia), GET IN TOUCH WITH ME! & come see me! It's out of the city & it would probably be quieter for you! You can sneak out of the city & we can have a massive family cook out, have some drinks & hang out! :)Everyone is invited! The guys (of course), Paul & any of their gaurds, the band, Lou & family, etc. We'll find room.
For real though. Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by & comment! It makes my day!